About F + B
The Law Firm of Friedman + Bartoumian offers a broad range of legal expertise. Our attorneys have earned the respect of other attorneys, judges and clients throughout California and the nation. In recognition of our legal ability and ethical standards, we have received a high rating from the Martindale-Hubbell organization, the most respected source of authoritative biographical information about members of the legal community worldwide.
If you seek lawyers who are ready to collaborate with you to find positive solutions to your legal concerns, contact us.
Our Areas of Legal Expertise
Honored By Ventura County
The Board of Supervisors for the County of Ventura bestowed Honors on our Founder, Heywood G. Friedman, for three decades of community and pro bono legal service. Examples of such service include sponsorship of academic, athletic, and arts programs at Conejo Valley schools and volunteer legal services to numerous churches and synagogues, including the United Methodist Church of Thousand Oaks and Temple Etz Chaim of Thousand Oaks.
Our reputable, talented team members are among the top in their respective fields. We care about our clients and our community and will work tirelessly to achieve exceptional results for you.
News & Events
Stay up to date on our latest articles, press releases, and what we are doing to serve and bring change to our community.
Most claims professionals are aware that LC §4658.7(g) forbids settlement of a Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) voucher for an admitted industrial injury occurring on or after 1/1/2013. There is however, one exception. Namely, when an…
Although it may be difficult to believe, there is a definite home-field advantage in workers’ compensation when it comes to litigating claims at certain Appeals Board district offices. When a judge interacts with a particular attorney…
Oftentimes a primary treating physician (PTP) and a qualified medical examiner (QME) disagree over the extent of Permanent Disability. One physician may identify permanent impairment at 40%, while the other rates it at 60%. When PD…
We are cautiously optimistic that the title of today’s blog caught your attention in that most claims professionals have been trained that Labor Code §5401 requires an employer to present a DWC-1 claim form to an…
A DWC Form 5020 is often the first document by which an employer learns about workers’ compensation claim procedures. Created by the state of California, it is also known as the “Employer’s Report of Occupational Injury…
Do you know what happens in a workers’ compensation case when an applicant and their employer simultaneously strike the same physician from a PQME list? Do you know what happens when a party fails make any…
“Heywood takes the time to meet with us to get a clear understanding of what our goals are. Currently focusing on closing aged and difficult claims while aggressively closing new claims in the door. He gets it and is a great partner in achieving our aggressive goals.”
– Martin King, Kaiser Permanente
“We have had the pleasure of retaining Mr. Friedman’s firm for a number of years and for various actions. Heywood is a skilled and knowledgeable counselor who appreciates the time certain aspects of legal action. We will continue to use his firm for most of our CA legal work.”
– Jeff Bogacki, Vice President, Excess Workers Compensation – 5Star Specialty
“Besides being a great attorney, ‘Woody’ is a better person, friend, humanitarian. And when times get tough, he has your back!”
– Robert Rice, Sargeant Insurance Agency, LCC
We are widely known for our…
Substantive Legal Knowledge
Efficient Case Management